Published by leon.jackson on 3rd May 2019
With summer on the horizon, now is the time to make your soft drinks display sparkle to drive sales. Last month, category expert Jemma Healy from Lucozade Ribena Suntory visited Dilmeet’s store in Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire, and shared her advice on how an eye-catching display and strong core range can grow sales in a category worth £1.7bn to independent retailers.
The predicted annual sales increase for Dilmeet, based on data from the past six weeks
Londis Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire
“I could see the change in the shop straight away, so I am not surprised by the sales increase – adding new facings has been particularly effective. Energy sales have increased considerably, and new flavours have helped refresh our display. Shoppers are responding well to the changes.”
Commercial activation controller, Lucozade Ribena Suntory
“It’s great to see that the changes we made in Dilmeet’s store have increased his sales. The key for Dilmeet is to look at the data to work out what sells best, and then use those top-selling products as the centrepiece of the category and a signpost for exciting new and limited-edition products.”
1. Analyse your sales data to find your bestsellers and give them priority in the chiller.
2. Make shopping easy by arranging drinks by brand, making the chiller easy to navigate.
3. Refresh your displays regularly, adding excitement by stocking new products next to bestsellers.
1. Place top-sellers at eye level so shoppers can find their favourite brands
2. Maximise year-round sales by focusing on layout, range and availability
3. Make it easy for shoppers by blocking categories and brands